- 4 ounces transparent bean thread noodles(sotanghon)
- 5 dried shitake mushroom
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce or Kikkoman
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of cornstarch
- 1 small red chili pepper and 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 green onions
- Without removing the string wrapping around the sotanghon noodles, soak in hot water until they are pliable (5 minutes).
- Drain well, cut the noodles into shorter lengths and then removes the string wrapping.
- Soak the dried shitake mushrooms in hot water to soften. Reserve ¼ cup of the soaking liquid, straining it if necessary to remove any grit. Cut the mushroom into thin slices.
- Marinade the pork into Marinade mixture for 15 minutes.
- Cut the chili pepper, ginger and the green onion.
- Heat the wok and put 2 tbsp oil, sauté the marinated pork until golden brown then remove and clean out the wok.
- Sauté the chili pepper, ginger and green onion, add the shitake mushroom then stir the chili sauce and the noodles.
- Return the ground pork to the pan. Mix everything together and cook briefly.