Apple Ginger Glazed Ham Recipe
October 19, 2016
- 3/4 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Family Ham
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup apple slices
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine apple jelly, apple butter, 1 cup brown sugar, ginger, and cloves in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking until it reduces to 1 1/2 cups and becomes syrupy and thick. Set aside.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray. Score ham with sharp knife and set inside baking dish. Pour apple juice over ham into baking dish and place apple slices around ham. Bake ham, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Take ham out of oven and pour 1/2 of glaze over ham. Re-cover and bake another 15 minutes. Baste ham with pan juices and bake another 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Take out of oven, pour another 1/4 of glaze over ham and press the 1/4 cup of brown sugar into ham.
- Bake until brown sugar caramelizes and internal temperature has reached 145°F. If needed, place under broiler for 2-3 minutes. Watch closely, sugar will burn easily.
- Slice and serve with remaining glaze.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More