Asian Noodle Salad Recipe
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small chili pepper, finely chopped (remove some or all ribs and seeds if you want the dish less spicy)
- ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro zest of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds about 15 medium-sized shrimp
- 4 ounces of soba noodles (uncooked)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped smattering of mint leaves
- Mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, honey, chili pepper, sesame oil, cilantro, lime zest, ginger and sesame seeds together in a bowl until well combined.
- Transfer half of the mix into another bowl and set aside.
- This will be the salad dressing. Peel and devein the shrimp and marinate them in the remaining half of the mix for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain the noodles, briefly rinse them under cold water and toss them with the salad dressing. Take the shrimp out of their marinade and grill.
- Mix the shrimp with the noodle salad. Sprinkle scallions and mint leaves on the salad and serve.