Asian-Style Flanken Short Ribs Recipe
October 24, 2016
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 lbs flanken short ribs
- Toasted sesame seeds, to taste, garnish
- Green onion, sliced, garnish
- Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, brown sugar, canola oil, water, sesame oil, minced garlic, jalapeño, black pepper, and coriander in a large zip lock bag. Mix until well combined. Add the flanken short ribs and marinate 8-24 hours.
- Place the rack near the top of the oven. Heat the oven to high broil (should be about 550 degrees). Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Place two wire racks on sheet pans then lay ribs in a single layer on top of the racks.
- Place into the oven and broil, with the door cracked, for 4-5 minutes on each side, making sure to watch the ribs very carefully so they won’t burn and be ruined. Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter. Sprinkle the short ribs with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving. Enjoy.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More