Avocado and Chicken Tortas Recipe
- 1 fully ripened avocado
- 2 ( 6 inch ) sandwich rolls ( such as Portuguese or submarine rolls), halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 cup shredded iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2/3 cup mashed black beans, divided
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- Cut lengthwise around middle of avocado; twist avocado to separate halves; strike pit with a knife blade to remove; scoop out pulp with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado.
- To assemble tortas: Spread mashed avocado on cut sides of rolls, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. On bottom halves, layer sliced chicken, lettuce, tomato, black beans and jalapeño pepper slices. Firmly press tops of rolls on tortas.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More