Bacalao (salted cod fish) with Malunggay Pandesal Recipe
BREAD RECIPES, CHEF BOY LOGRO RECIPES, Fish Recipes, Lasang Pinoy, Lutong Pinoy, Meryenda Recipes, Panlasang Pinoy, Panlasang Pinoy Recipes, Pinoy Recipes, VEGETABLE RECIPE
April 15, 2014
- 800 g dried and salted cod
- 75 ml vegetable oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 13 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large onion (380 g), finely chopped
- 400 g potatoes, boiled
- 100 g manzanilla green olives, pitted
- 120 g red bell pepper parsley for garnish
- De-salt and drain/dry the fish before cooking. Place fish in a bowl and cover with water. Change water 3 times a day for 3 days.
- Shred the fish as finely as possible (discarding the skin and bones).
- To cook, heat the oil in a good frying pan and fry the garlic cloves in low heat. Add the onion into the garlic and saute until golden. Remove from the pan and reserve. Add the parsley to the garlic and onion and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the garlic, onion and parsley into a small bowl. Add 1/5 of the oil to the frying pan and 1/5 of the fish, fry (stirring constantly) until golden brown and slightly crispy. Repeat with the five batches.
- Place the fried fish together with the potatoes, red bell pepper, and olives. Season according to taste. Just before serving put some roughly chopped parsley.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More