- 500g thick sliced bacon, chopped
- Splash of water
- 8 onions, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups rum
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Place saucepan over medium high heat. Toss in the bacon then add a splash of water. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon.
- When the bacon is crispy, set aside and caramelize the onion in the same pan.
- Add the bacon back in, add brown sugar and water. Continue simmering until it has a jam like consistency. Add rum and simmer again.
- Carefully transfer the mixture to the food processor, pulse it with the vinegar until smooth. Serve with crostini and crackers.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More