- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
- 100 grams bacon, chopped
- 30 grams spinach, chopped
- 10 grams malunggay, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the chicken, bacon, spinach and malunggay in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken mixture in the bag with the flour and toss to coat (work in batches). Transfer the breadcrumbs to a rimmed plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside. Whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a medium bowl.
- Remove a piece of chicken from the flour, dip in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, gently pressing the crumbs into the chicken, and set on a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan (work in batches if needed) and brown on each side, about eight minutes total. Transfer the chicken nuggets to a paper-towel-lined plate. Salt while hot and serve.
- 250 grams very firm tofu
- Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet (I like to use a non-stick pan). Slice the tofu into rectangles about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick.
- They will shrink slightly during cooking. Place tofu pieces in the pan (if the oil doesn’t sizzle, it isn’t hot enough yet). Leave some space between the pieces.
- Fry each piece until golden brown in the bottom, about 3-4 minutes. You will start to see the edges turning brown. Turn and brown on the other side, about two minutes or so.
- 200 ml ketchup, sweet blend (Del Monte)
- 100 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve as a dip.