Bacon Wrapped Filet Steaks Topped With Roasted Garlic Butter Recipe
- 12 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- Kosher salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4, 6 to 7 ounces, filet steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 4 very thin slices of lean bacon
- 6 inch wooden skewers or toothpicks, soaked in water 10 minutes and patted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place peeled garlic and olive oil in 1 cup, ovenproof ramekin, souffle dish or custard cup.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Roast on center rack until garlic is golden and very tender and soft when pierced with knife, about 30 minutes.
- Start checking cloves after 20 minutes and then every 5 minutes until done.
- With slotted spoon remove garlic from bowl and reserve oil.
- Place garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the reserved oil, butter and 1/8 teaspoon salt in food processor or blender and process, pulsing machine on and off for 30 seconds or less until garlic is coarsely chopped and blended with butter and oil.
- Transfer garlic butter to small bowl and stir in 2 teaspoons of the chives.
- Garlic butter can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before ready to use.
- When ready to cook steaks, oil a grill rack and prepare grill.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 teaspoon kosher salt, coarsely ground black pepper and thyme.
- Rub both sides of each filet with some of this seasoning.
- Then wrap each steak around its sides with 1 slice of bacon.
- Skewer bacon in place with wooden skewer or with 2 to 3 toothpicks.
- Grill steaks until lightly charred on the outside and until bacon is cooked, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- When done, remove steaks from fire and place on warm serving plate. Remove toothpicks.
- Top each steak with 1 generous pat of roasted garlic butter and sprinkle with some of remaining chives.
- Butter will start to melt and season the steaks. Serve immediately.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More