- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups dried navy or great northern beans
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In slow cooker set on medium heat, fry bacon until slightly crisp.
- Remove from pan and break into 2 inch pieces.
- Saute onion and green pepper in bacon grease until tender.
- Add beans, water, bacon pieces and remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook according to the directions for the cooker or until beans are tender and broth has thickened, at least 8 hours.
- Can be made ahead and reheated in cooker, on top of stove or in the oven.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More