BAKED CHEESY CALDERETA Recipe
- 500g beef chunks
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2pcs red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 pcs medium sized potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pc carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 pc red onion chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup quick melting cheese
- 1/2 cup saltine crakers , crushed
- spring onions for garnish
- In apot, saute onions and garlic and half of the red bell pepper. Add beef chunks. Let brown.
- Add enough water to cook beef for about 2 hours or more, or until tender over low heat.
- Then add tomato sauce and liver spread. Add olives, carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, bay leaves. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Simmer for a few minutes and add a little hot sauce.
- Transfer to a baking disg and top with grated cheese and crushed crakers and brown in the oven or broiler. Garnish with spring onions.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More