- ½ kilo fresh mussels (tahong)
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Grated (or pasteurized cheese spread)
- 2 small pieces of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. minced garlic fresh lemon slices or calamansi halves for garnishing.
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash the mussels well. Place in a steamer with slices of fresh ginger,
- Steam until the mussels open. Don’t overcook.
- Remove the upper shell of each mussed and discard,
- Arrange the mussel halves on a cookie sheet, Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400”F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, then transfer the garlic to a pastry bag.
- Pipe out butter over each mussed.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes (or until butter and cheese have melted)
- Serve with lemon or calamansi on the side.