- 1/ 4 pound, corned brisket of beef
- 1 tablespoon whole mixed pickling spice
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice or fruit juice
- Wash corned beef and put it in a large kettle.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Add pickling spice, celery, onion and carrot.
- Cover, and simmer for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Cool beef in broth.
- Put in shallow roasting pan and score fat layer.
- Mix brown sugar and mustard. Pat on beef.
- Pour pickle juice into pan.
- Bake in preheated slow oven, 300 degrees F, for 1 hour, basting from time to time with some of the drippings in pan.
- Slice and serve hot or cold.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More