- 1/2 kilo Bangus Belly
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb size ginger cut into thin slices
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/2 tbsp. whole black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 pcs finger chili
- 1 small ampalaya, sliced
- 2 small eggplants, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp patis
Sinangag or FRIED RICE:
- 3 cups left over rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt an pepper to taste
- spring onion for garnish
- fried garlic for garnish
- Wash fish thoroughly drain and slice diagonally.
- In a casserole put garlic, onion and ginger at the bottom.
- Arrange sliced bangus side by side.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup vinegar or 3 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix.
- Put on top vegetable, green sili and black pepper.
- Season with salt and drizzle with cooking oil.
- Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 8â€“12 minutes or until fish is cooked then add the coffee mate.
- Serve hot with Sinangag rice. In a wok, heat oil and add garlic.
- When almost brown, add the rice and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with spring onion and fried garlic and serve.