BASIC STIR – FRY BEEF Recipe
- ¾ – 1 pound flank steak
- ½ cup stir – fry sauce ( Kikkoman )
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp canola oil or peanut oil, divided
- 3 – 3 ½ cups frozen stir – fry vegetable mix
- Use a sharp carving knife or a cleaver to cut the steak into thin slices that are about 1/8 inch thick and 1 ½ – 2 inches long. If you like, go one step further and lay the strips on top of one another and cut again into thin strips.
- Measure out the stir – fry sauce into a small bowl or a measuring cup. Chop the garlic.
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet over medium – high heat until it is almost smoking. Add 2 tbsp oil into the wok, tilting the pan and drizzling the oil so that it coats the sides of the pan. When the oil is hot, add half of the chopped garlic. ( You can test to see if the oil is hot by dropping in a small piece of garlic. If it sizzles, the oil is ready). Stir – fry the garlic for 10 seconds, and then add the beef.
- Lay the beef flat in the pan. Let it brown briefly, then stir – fry the beef until it loses its redness and is nearly cooked through ( if you are using 1 pound beef it’s best to divide it in half and cook in two batches). Remove the stir – fried beef and drain in a colander or on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil of oil in the same wok or skillet. When then oil is hot, add the remainder of the garlic. Stir – fry for 10 second, then add the frozen vegetables. Stir – fry for 3 – minutes, or according to package directions. Splash the vegetables with a bit of water if the vegetables begin to dry out while you are stir – frying.
- Add the stir – fried beef back into pan. Add the stir – fry sauce and bring to a boil. Stir – fry 1 – 2 more minutes to mix everything together. Serve hot over cooked rice.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More