Beef Caldereta Recipe
- 1 Kg Beef, cubed
- 3 cloves Garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup Liver Spread or Liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 tsp. crushed Chili
- 3 large Bay Leaves
- 2 cups Potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups Carrots, cubed (small)
- 1 cup Cooking Oil
- ⅔ cup Green Olives (the salty and sour taste of green olives gives a very nice flavor for this dish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until color turns light brown.
- Remove the fried carrots and potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan where the vegetables were fried, sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add water and let the beef boil until tender (about 30 minutes using a pressure cooker).
- Add the tomato sauce and liver spread and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green olives, carrots, bay leaves, bell pepper,crushed chili,and potatoes and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Hot. Excellent with white rice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More