- Beef chunks – 500 g (1.10 lb.)
- Daikon or radish – 250 g (8.81 oz.)
- Onion – 1 large PC.
- Hoisin sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Sesame oil – 3 tbsp.
- Ginger powder – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Star anise – 2 PCs.
- Bouillon cube – 1 PC.
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp.
- Brown sugar – 1 tsp.
- Curly parsley – 1/2 tbsp.
- Hot water – 500 ml (16.91 fl.oz.)
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok (recommended) or a large pan.
- Add the beef and brown until the cooking water has evaporated.
- Add the onion, garlic, star anise, black pepper powder, ginger powder, paprika powder, bouillon cube, water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Hoisin sauce, brown sugar and keep simmering for 20 minutes or until beef turns soft.
- Add Daikon or radish and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of roughly chopped curly parsley.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More