BEEF MEATLOAF Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp chili powder, optional
- ¾ cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Gently mound meat mixture into a metal loaf pan then top loaf with 4 strips of bacon.
- Bake for an hour and 10 – 20 minutes then remove from oven and let it sit for 15 minutes before slicing.