- 3 lbs beef back ribs or short ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 8-10 pcs of taro roots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb okra
- 2 (227g) packages of frozen bilimbi (kamias), thawed (available in the frozen section of Asian store)
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Bunch of spinach, rinsed and trimmed
- Put beef ribs in a big pot and add enough water to cover it. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off scums accumulated on the surface, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for an hour and a half, or until meats are fall off the bone tender. Add more water as needed.
- Add taro and cook for 10 minutes. Add okra and cook until taro is fork tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add bilimbi (kamias) and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Using the back of a large spoon, mash kamias against side of the pot to release juice into soup.
- Add peppers, onion and fish sauce or salt to taste. Stir and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Recipe Source here
Other Sinigang Recipes you may like:
- Sinigang na Corned Beef Recipe
- Sinigang na Lechon Recipe
- Seafood Sinigang sa Calamansi Recipe
- Sinigang Na Ulang Recipe
- Sinigang na Hipon sa Kamias Recipe
- Native Chicken Sinigang sa Sampaloc Recipe
- Sinigang sa Mangga Recipe
- Corned Beef Sinigang Recipe
- Sinigang Na Carpa Sa Bayabas Recipe
- BEEF & PORK SINIGANG Recipe
- MAGIC SALMON BELLY SINIGANG Recipe
- Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe
- Sinigang na Isdang may Katuray Recipe
- Sinigang na Baboy Recipe
- Tola Hipon Sinigang Recipe By Chef Boy Logro
- Tamarind Soup (Sinigang) With Tilapia Recipe
- Pork Sinigang Recipe