- 2 lbs. cracked beef bones (knuckle)
- 16 oz. can whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 2 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, cut into 2 lengths
- 2 onions, sliced
- 10 cups water
- 2 lbs. meaty beef bones (shank, short ribs, shin bones)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- Roast bones at 450 degrees for 30 minutes then stir well and add carrots, celery, and onions and roast for 45-60 minutes longer while stirring mixture occasionally.
- Place roasted ingredients into an 8- quart stockpot. Remove fat from liquid in the roasting pan and add 2 cups of water to the drippings in the roasting pan.
- Heat and scrape to loosen any browned drippings then add to pot along with remaining 8 cups of water.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat simmer partially covered for ½ hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer partially covered for another 5 hours.
- Remove bones and strain broth and add more salt, if needed.
- Skim fat from broth before using.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More