- ¾ pound beef
- Dash of pepper 1 tbsp wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar / 1 tbsp soy sauce 1 tbsp chili paste
- ¼ cup chicken broth 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 stalks celery 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp fermented black beans 2 large carrots
- 5 tbsp oil for stir – frying
- Cut the beef into chunks then marinated with the ingredients including the cornstarch last for twenty minutes. Set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, and chili paste.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Set aside.
- Rinse black beans and let it sit for a few minutes then chop finely.
- Mince garlic and mash with the black beans.
- Cut the green onion into thirds and the green onion when the oil is heated for stir – frying.
- Add the carrot and celery then continue stir – frying until tender and crisp.
- Remove vegetables from the wok and set aside.
- When oil is ready, add mashed garlic and black beans then add the marinated beef until well done.
- Stir and then add cooked vegetables, mix well then remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil. Serve hot.