- ¾ pound flank steak
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¾ pound string beans
- 1 tsp granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp oil for stir – frying, or as need
- Cut the beef into thin slices then marinade with all the marinating ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Trim the string beans then blanch briefly in boiling salted water then remove and plunge briefly in ice cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Peel and chop the garlic then mix together with the sauce ingredients.
- Stir – frying the chopped garlic then add beef and stir – fry it changes color. Remove and set aside.
- Stir – fry string beans then add ¼ tsp salt and sugar.
- Add sauce at the middle of the wok the give the cornstarch/ water mixture a quick re – stir and add to the sauce.
- Add the beef back into the pan, then stir everything together and serve hot.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More