- ¾ pound flank steak
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¾ pound string beans
- 1 tsp granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp oil for stir – frying, or as need
- Cut the beef into thin slices then marinade with all the marinating ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Trim the string beans then blanch briefly in boiling salted water then remove and plunge briefly in ice cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Peel and chop the garlic then mix together with the sauce ingredients.
- Stir – frying the chopped garlic then add beef and stir – fry it changes color. Remove and set aside.
- Stir – fry string beans then add ¼ tsp salt and sugar.
- Add sauce at the middle of the wok the give the cornstarch/ water mixture a quick re – stir and add to the sauce.
- Add the beef back into the pan, then stir everything together and serve hot.