- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 8 cod fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bottle beer
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2tsp salt and 2 tsp pepper then stir into dry ingredients.
- Gradually mix in beer then dip fish fillets into batter .
- Fry fish until golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.