- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup freshly-grated coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- White sugar
- Combine the rice flour and water in a bowl until a smooth dough is formed.
- Form small balls then flatten the balls into quarter inch thick.
- Stretch the dough to make an oval shape.
- Boil water in a deep pan.
- Drop each oval dough into the boiling water, once they float to the top, remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl of cold water.
- Remove from the bowl when cool enough.
- Press grated coconut onto the surface of the cooled oval pieces.
- Roll the pieces and dredge in sesame seeds and white sugar.