- 1 ¼ cups MAYA Original “Fluffy n’ Tasty” Hotcake Mix, lightly toasted
- 1 ¼ cups powdered milk
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- sugar for coating, as needed
- 1 pack MAYA Oven Toaster Bibingka Mix 150g
- 1 egg
- 1/3 – ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine
- banana leaf
- In a bowl, combine lightly toasted hotcake mix, powdered milk, condensed milk and butter until well mixed. Form mixture into long thin logs, about 5 inches long, and roll in sugar. Set aside.
- Pass the banana leaf over medium flame until wilted. Cut into a circle big enough to line the bottom and sides of a 6.5-inch round bibingka pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the bibingka mix and all of the contents of the coconut milk powder in sachet pack. Blend well.
- Add the egg, water and melted butter. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Remove the oven toaster tray and place the pan directly on the oven rack.
- Bake in the oven toaster for 7-8 minutes or until the top is firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- At this point, arrange pastillas strips on top then return to the oven toaster to cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve while still hot.
Leftover pastillas may be wrapped in cellophane and paper for later consumption.
Recipe Source here