- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 1 tbs. chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. chopped onions
- 1/4 c. chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs. dilao (fresh turmeric)
- 1 kg. pork, cooked & sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1-1/2 tbsp. chopped hot chili peppers (siling labuyo)
- 1-1/2 c. bagoong (shrimp paste)
- 6 c. coconut cream
- 2 – 3 c. fresh hot green pepper (elongated variety) sliced diagonally 1/4 inch strips.
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh red hot peppers (elongated variety) sliced diagonally – 1/4 inch strips
- Saute garlic in hot oil. Add onions and cook until transparent. Stir in ginger, turmeric and sliced pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bagoong and chopped hot chili and stir until the pork is completely covered by mixture, around 15 minutes.
- Pour 6 cups of coconut cream and add the sliced green and red peppers.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes. Season accordingly.
Source: Filipino Village