Bicol Express with Bagnet Recipe
- 400g pork belly
- 1 liter water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole red onions, wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, pounded
- 80 g. of pork fat, cut into half inch cubes
- 12 to 15 finger chilies, sliced
- 2-3 pcs labuyo, sliced (optional)
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang
- 3 to 4 tbsps. of cooking oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups coconut cream
- ground black pepper to taste
- For the bagnet, boil pork until tender in water, salt, peppercorns, onions and garlic.
- When done, punture the skin with a fork and patdry before frying. Set aside.
In another pan, heat the oil and add the pork fat and cook over high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilies and onions. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add in bagoong and stir for a minute. Pour in the coconut cream and simmer.
- Place the crispy bagnet on top of the bicol express sauce.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More