- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 500g chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part
- 2 large young coconut meat and coconut water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful of sili leaves
- Brush chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, add oil then brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken from pot then set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté garlic, onion and ginger then add the coconut water, lemongrass and chicken, then bring it to a boil. Simmer in low heat for 25 minutes.
- Add sili leaves then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with fish sauce according to taste. Serve on coconut shells and garnish with spring onions.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More