- 1 kilo ulang/ giant freshwater shrimp
- 2 white onions, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tsps. sugar
- Rock salt
- Cooking oil
- Burong mangga
- In a medium-sized wok or frying pan, heat some oil and sauté onions for about two minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour water, calamansi juice, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper then let boil.
- Add also some of the sautéed onions and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the ulang and simmer for five minutes and add the onions.
- Serve with burong mangga.