- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 15 – oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- Pumpkin seed, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 extra virgin olive oil
- 3 fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health – promoting benefits.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve. This salad will keep for a couple of days and gets more flavorful if you let it marinate in the refrigerator for a while.