- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thick
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups celery, cut diagonally about 1-inch long
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¾ cup green olives cut in fourths
- 1 tbsp + ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 11/2 lbs cod, into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Slice onion and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes,
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a 10-12 inch skillet, Saute Chopped onion in broth over medium heat for 4-5 Minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic and celery and sauté for another minute, remaining broth. Stir, cover, and simmer on medium-low for about 15 minutes, attiring occasionally. Until celery is tender.
- Place cod, lemon, salt. Pepper, and chili flacks on top of celery and continue to simmer covered for another 5 minutes, or until fish is cooked. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.