- 250 grams pork belly cut into large cubes
- 1 big block, firm tofu, cut into rectangles, fried and cut into cubes
- 100 grams fresh black fungus
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2-3 pcs. bay leaf
- 2-3 pieces star anise
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground peppercorns
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Cooking oil
- 3-4 boiled egg, shelled
- Place the pork, fried tofu, garlic, ground peppercorns, bay leaf, star anise, soy sauce and black fungi in a medium size sauce pan.
- Add enough water to about 2 inches above the meat line. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hour at low to medium heat, add more water as necessary.
- Now add in the boiled eggs, oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce and sugar, continue to simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid I reduced to about half. Correct saltiness if required.
- Thicken sauce with the cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup of water, cook for about a minute more.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source here