- 250 grams pork belly cut into large cubes
- 1 big block, firm tofu, cut into rectangles, fried and cut into cubes
- 100 grams fresh black fungus
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2-3 pcs. bay leaf
- 2-3 pieces star anise
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground peppercorns
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Cooking oil
- 3-4 boiled egg, shelled
- Place the pork, fried tofu, garlic, ground peppercorns, bay leaf, star anise, soy sauce and black fungi in a medium size sauce pan.
- Add enough water to about 2 inches above the meat line. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hour at low to medium heat, add more water as necessary.
- Now add in the boiled eggs, oyster sauce, Hoisin sauce and sugar, continue to simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid I reduced to about half. Correct saltiness if required.
- Thicken sauce with the cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup of water, cook for about a minute more.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source here
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More