Braised Salmon With Leeks Recipe
- 2 medium leeks, cut lengthwise
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp + ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp + cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh chopped tarragon
- 11/2 lbs salmon fillet, cut into 8 pieces, skin and bones removed
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Cut off green tops of leeks and remove outer tough Leaves, Cut off root and cut leeks in half lengthwise Fan out the leeks and rinse well under running water. leaving them in tack. Cut leeks into 2-inch lengths. Now,
- Holding the leek sections cut side up, cut lengthwise so that you end up with thin strips. Make sure slices are cut very thin. Let leeks and garlic sit for at least 5 minutes,
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet.
- Saute leeks over medium heat in broth for about 5 Minutes. Stirring frequently, Add garlic and sauté for Another minute. Add ½ cup broth and lemon juice And simmer for another 5 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Rub salmon with 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, salt and White pepper.
- Stir fresh tarragon, salt, and pepper into leeks, and
- Place salmon on top of leeks. Simmer for about 3-4 minutes, covered, or until salmon is pink inside, Time may vary a little depending on thickness of salmon.
- Serve leeks topped with salmon and drizzle with juice.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More