- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (4oz)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spinkles, melted milk chocolate, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9×13” inch pan.
- Chop the butter and the unsweetened chocolate into chunks and place together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. While mixing, slowly add the melted chocolate.
- In a separate small bowl combine the flour and baking powder. Stir the flour into the chocolate batter, just until combined. Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife poked in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once brownies are cool, you can cut off and remove the very outer edge where a “crust” sometimes forms. Then use a fork to fluff the mixture into crumbs. Take a small cookie scoop (or just use your hands) to roll the brownie crumbs into 30-35 small balls. Place them on a large, parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Use a spoon to roll the brownie balls in the melted chocolate–you can remove them with a fork to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place the truffles carefully on parchment paper. At this point you could add spinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set. After they were set, you can drizzle it with melted milk chocolate.
- These are best stored in the fridge. Remove 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source here