- 1 k. glutinous rice ( malakit)
- 3 cups refined white sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 thumbs size ginger, extracted juiced only
- 12 liter coconut milk
- 4 tablets tableya ( native cocoa )
- water for cooking rice
- water for steaming wrapped rice
- In a pot, cook the rice along with the malagkit, sugar, salt and ginger juice
- When the rice mixture is half cooked, remove and allow to cool
- Melt the native cocoa set aside.
- Get half of the rice mixture and mix with the melted cocoa.
- Roll this chocolate infused rice mixture with the remaining cooked rice. Do not mix so as to give that distinctive white and black marks of this delicacy.
- Wrap the rice mixture in wilted banana leaves
- Steam until cooked for at least 12 to an hour.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More