- 1 piece young coconut, scraped into strings
- 2 cups coconut water (buko juice)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch into coconut water and stir until dissolved.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla extract if desired.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended and add coconut strings and mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a funnel and ladle and pour the mixture into each Ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high.
- If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher.
- Tie the top tightly and trim the plastic if desired.
- Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Serve Buko Ice Candy anytime and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Recipe
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More