- 1 piece young coconut, scraped into strings
- 2 cups coconut water (buko juice)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch into coconut water and stir until dissolved.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla extract if desired.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended and add coconut strings and mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a funnel and ladle and pour the mixture into each Ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high.
- If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher.
- Tie the top tightly and trim the plastic if desired.
- Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Serve Buko Ice Candy anytime and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Recipe