Buko Pandan Fruit Salad Recipe
- juice and meat from 2 pieces buko
- 4 pandan leaves
- 2 boxes unflavored green gulaman
- 1 250-ml pack all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 836-gram can fruit cocktail, drained well
- 1/2 cup nata de coco drained well
- 3/4 cup red kaong drained well
- Cut buko meat into squares; set aside. Combine buko juice with enough water to make 31/2 cups of liquid. Pour mixture into a saucepan and add pandan leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Remove pandan and add gulaman powder. Bring to a boil, stirring until powder is completely dissolved. Pour into an 8×12-inch pan. Let cool slightly, then place in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut into cubes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream and condensed milk. Add fruit cocktail, nata de coco, red kaong, gulaman cubes, and buko meat. Transfer to a serving container, cover, and keep chilled in the refrigerator. Serve cold.