Buko (Young Coconut) Pie Recipe
- 1 fresh young coconut, drained with meat removed and chopped
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cansevaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir the coconut, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; pour into a round 3-quart baking dish. Set the baking dish into a large roasting pan. Pour enough water into the bottom of the roasting pan to fill about halfway up the side of the baking dish. Carefully move to the preheated oven.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.