- 1 kilo bulalo
- 10 cups water
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 radish, sliced finger chilis
- 250 grams sitaw, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cups kangkong
- 16 ripe guavas, pureed (set meat aside)
- salt and pepper
- In a pan, pour the stock and add the onions and tomatoes. Let it boil until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the bulalo, salt and pepper. Simmer until tender. Add the sitaw, radish and finger chili.
- Add the ripe guava puree and then the fish sauce.
- Lastly, add the kangkong leaves, roughly cut guava meat and finger chili.
- Simmer for a few minutes to cook.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
To make guava puree:
- Prepare 10 yellow native guavas. Scoop out meat using a spoon. Throw into ½ cup of boiling water and crush until pureed. Pass puree through a sieve to remove seeds.