- 1 green papaya fruit, peeled and quartered
- ¼ regular-sized squash, peeled and quartered
- 5 okras, sliced
- 5 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 piece lemon grass
- 2 tsps salt
- 100 grams patani or lima beans
- 100 grams sigarilyas
- 100 grams string beans
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- 150 grams squash flower and leaves
- Rice wash
- In a pot, pour the rice wash and let it boil.
- Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Boil for five to seven minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass.
- Add papaya and squash. Boil for six minutes.
- Add tomatoes, okra, patani, sigarilyas, squash flower and leaves, and string beans. Cook for three to four minutes.
- Put the malunggay and salt. Stir. Turn the heat off.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- 2 pcs medium catfish (hito)
- Calamansi juice
- Cooking oil
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chopped red onions
- Chopped chili (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- Clean the catfish. Take off all the intestines and innards. Wash it. Pat it dry.
- Scrub with salt, calamansi juice and cooking oil inside and outside the fish.
- Grill for about ten to twenty minutes (depending on the size).
- Mix all the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve with the inihaw na hito.