- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey meat (lean, white meat)
- ⅓ cup ketchup (I use Annie’s Natural Organic Ketchup which doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. It is also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free).
- 1 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- In a large saute pan heat oil over medium heat and add bell pepper, onion and turkey meat. Saute for about 10 minutes or until meat is browned/cooked, onions are translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir over low heat until well combined.
- Serve hot over plain, cooked quinoa
- Tip: double the recipe so you can freeze for another meal.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More