- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey meat (lean, white meat)
- ⅓ cup ketchup (I use Annie’s Natural Organic Ketchup which doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors. It is also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free).
- 1 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt (or more to taste)
- In a large saute pan heat oil over medium heat and add bell pepper, onion and turkey meat. Saute for about 10 minutes or until meat is browned/cooked, onions are translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir over low heat until well combined.
- Serve hot over plain, cooked quinoa
- Tip: double the recipe so you can freeze for another meal.
Source: Eating By Elaine