Cajun Chicken Lollipops Recipe
- 12 pcs. Chicken wing first joints (alsocalled “drumettes”)
- 1 cup hot pepper sauce
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Stand a drumette on its wide end, and, holding the narrow bone at the top, use a paring knife to push and scrape the skin and meat down- ward to expose the bone and make a plump “lollipop” of chicken at the bottom.
Repeat with the remaining drumettes.
- Toss the lollipops in 1/2 cup of the hot pepper sauce in a nonreactive bowl (see cook’s note, below) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees f.
- While the oil heats, melt the butter with the remaining 1/2 cup hot sauce and 2 teaspoons of the cajun seasoning.
- Stir to blend well and set the mix- ture aside in a warm spot.
- Line a large plate with paper towels. Whisk flour with the remaining
2 tablespoons cajun seasoning. Fry until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Drain on prepared plate.
- When all the lollipops are cooked, put them in a large bowl and toss them with the warm spiced butter. Serve lollipops warm or at room temperature.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More