- 2 liters water
- ½ chicken, cleaned
- Bone of 1 ham
- Onion, bay leaf, celery, and whole peppercorn
- 3 chicken gizzards
- 4 cups water
- Place the chicken, ham bone, and the rest of the ingredients in a stock pot with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and continue to simmer for one hour while skimming off any residue. Remove the chicken and allow it to cool. Shred the meat and some skin and set aside.
- Wash the chicken gizzards thoroughly and boil until tender. Cut into ¼-inch strips. Set aside.
- 1 tsp achuete
- ½ cup water
- Soak for five minutes in warm water, strain in a clean bowl, and discard the seeds.
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 medium-size onions, chopped
- 1 6-inch Chorizo Bilbao, sliced diagonally with 1/8-inch thickness
- 1 carrot,
- ¼-inch cubed
- 1 potato, ¼-inch cubed
- ½ cup garbanzos (from the can), skins removed
- patis (fish sauce), to taste
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 250-gram pack sotanghon
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic, taking care not to burn the garlic. Once the onion turns translucent, add the gizzard, chorizo, and shredded chicken.
- Mix in the carrot, potato, and garbanzos. Stir for five minutes. Add the achuete water and season with patis and pepper.
- Add the broth slowly, one cup at a time. Once the soup starts to boil, lower the heat and add the cabbage and sotanghon. Simmer for 15 minutes and serve in small soup bowls.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More