- 250 g beef/ox tripe
- 250 pata slice
- 15 ml white vinegar
- 2 medium white onions
- 1 head garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 6-10 black peppercorns
- 150 grams chorizo de bilbao
- 150 grams vienna sausage
- 45 grams tomato paste
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 50 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fish sauce
- Clean the tripe under cold running water, then rinse thoroughly. Cut into pieces approximately 3-square inches.
- Coarsely chop 1 onion. Peel all garlic cloves and chop.
- In a large heavy bottom frying pan or pot, place tripe and pata. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Pour off the water and froth or scum that formed.
- Add water to cover tripe in same pan. Put chopped onion and all but 3 peeled cloves of garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns in pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer for 3 hours until tender.
- Finely chop the remaining garlic and the onion. Cut the vienna sausages into thin circle. Slice the chorizo de bilbao into bits.
- Sauté onion, garlic, vienna sausage and chorizo in olive oil for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and stir in the paprika. Add the mixture to the tripe. If using garbanzo beans, add them now and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Put salt, pepper and fish sauce to taste.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More