Carbonara is a popular Italian pasta dish made with eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper. Spaghetti is usually used as the pasta; however, fettuccine noodles can also be used. The original carbonara (Italian traditional style) is not really cooked with cream, but as it was adopted and cooked by different nationalities, there grow a lot of variations in cooking it. Well, variations are only seen on the additional ingredients used, like veggies (you can also add one if you want, but be sure it complements well with the other ingredients). Pasta, here as the main ingredient, is known to have many health benefits. Did you know that in Western countries, they don’t eat much of rice? Yes, because they just depend on pasta and breads. So obviously, pasta here is a good source of carbohydrates.
What’s more interesting is that, even though you take loads of this, you won’t get obese. Another healthy ingredient is the cheese which on the other hand is a good source of protein since it came from milk. So as you see, this carbonara is really a dish that completes your diet table plus the garlic bread which is also nutritious. So, this is it! Review and carry out all the said instructions below and make a good carbonara! Enjoy!
- 500 grams Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 cup Cooking Cream
- 1 cup Fresh Milk
- 1 cup Slice Mushroom
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pc. Onion Diced
- 4 cloves of Diced Garlic
- 20 grams of Butter
- 1 pc. Egg Yolk
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 100 grams Diced Ham Fried
- 100 grams Diced Bacon Crispy Fried
- Chopped Parsley optional
- Water for pasta boiling.
- Put water in a pot with half tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of oil. Bring to boil
- When it's boiling add the fettuccine pasta and mix well using tongs to avoid getting sticky.
- Cooked for 8 to 10 minutes until al dente. Cool down with running water or ice water.
- Add oil to cooked pasta and mix. Set aside
- For carbonara sauce.
- Heat the pan with oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and saute for 20 seconds then add the diced onion and saute for another 20 seconds.
- Add the sliced mushroom and stir.
- Add sliced ham and stir.
- Add chopped parsley and stir.
- Add fresh milk and cream then mix well.
- Add the egg yolk and stir.
- Add parmesan cheese. Put in low heat to avoid breaking the creamy texture of the sauce.
- Keep stirring until the sauce is thicker .
- Serve and enjoy your Fettuccine Carbonara.
- Best with Garlic Bread