Carne Frita Recipe
- 1⁄2 kg sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce (preferably Filipino soy sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 laurel leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 white onions
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Slice sirloin ⅛ inch thick.
- In a saucepan put in the meat, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic,laurel leaf and peppercorns. Boil the meat over low heat. Leave uncovered until the smell of vinegar dissipates, DO NOT STIR.
- Add water when needed.
- Cover and let simmer until meat is very tender.
- Season with salt.
- Slice the white onions into rings.
- In a frying pan, saute the onions till wilted. Remove from pan.
- Put in the meat, reserve the liquid it was boiled inches
- Brown the meat. Add the reserved liquid. Let it simmer till liquid has been reduced.
- Transfer meat to a platter, pour sauce over. Top with sauteed onions. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.