CARROT AND CRAB SOUP Recipe
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 2 tbsp white rice (uncooked)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 300g cooked crab meat
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chives, minced chives, chopped (for garnish)
- In a pot, melt butter and saute’ onion, carrots, bay leaf, white rice, salt, black pepper and cumin. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft.
- Add 5 cups water and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pt, stir in lem on zest, and heat again.
- In a small bowl, toss crab with lemon juice and minced chives.
- Put crab mixture in the center of each bowl, then ladle soup.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More