Carrot Coconut Soup Recipe
Chicken Recipes, Filipino Recipes, Healthy Food Recipes, Lasang Pinoy, Lutong Pinoy, Meryenda Recipes, Panlasang Pinoy, Panlasang Pinoy Recipes, Pinoy Recipes, Soup, Soup Recipes, VEGETABLE RECIPE
September 1, 2013
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups sliced carrot, about ¼ inch thick
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into about ½ inch cubes
- 5 oz canned coconut milk
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Chop onion and let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp broth in a medium soup pot. Saute onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to saute for another minute.
- Add curry powder and mix well with onions.
- Add broth, carrots, and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full. When it’s hot and the blender is too full, it can erupt and burn you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to soup pot and reheat.
Buy Cucumber Lemonade Now.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More