- 2 large head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed and discarded
- Optional: ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 2 0z can anchovies, drained of oil, rinsed and chopped(optional)
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rinse Lettuce, cut into bite size pieces, and dry.
- Try the to get lettuce as dry as possible so dressing is not diluted.
- It is best to use a salad spinner if you have one.
- Blend dressing ingredients together for 1-2 minutes, drizzling the olive oil in at the end a little at a time.
- Toss romaine lettuce with desired amount of dressing. Add walnuts and chicken if desired.
- There will be dressing left over, which will keep very well in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.