Cebu’s Famous Boneless Lechon Recipe
October 19, 2016
- 2 kg Pork Belly Slab
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly crushed peppercorn
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 2 stalk onion leeks
- 2 stalk lemon grass
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- combine 3 part evap milk with 1 part water
- Properly wash the pork belly with running water.
- Slice or prick the inside part of the belly. This will allow the meat to absorb the delicious filling.
- Rub salt and crushed peppercorn on the inside part of the pork belly.
- Lay the following ingredients inside the belly: bay leaves, tied lemongrass, tied onion leaks, crushed garlic and chopped chilies (optional).
- Roll the belly to form a roulade and tie it with a twine string. This will help maintain the form when roasting the slab.
- Brush the skin with the mixed water and evap milk. Skewer it with a bamboo or stainless still.
- Roast the boneless pork belly for 45 to 60 minutes or until skin becomes crispy. Make sure to pat dry the skin before roasting.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More