- 2 kg Pork Belly Slab
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp freshly crushed peppercorn
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 2 stalk onion leeks
- 2 stalk lemon grass
- 1/2 cup rock salt
- combine 3 part evap milk with 1 part water
- Properly wash the pork belly with running water.
- Slice or prick the inside part of the belly. This will allow the meat to absorb the delicious filling.
- Rub salt and crushed peppercorn on the inside part of the pork belly.
- Lay the following ingredients inside the belly: bay leaves, tied lemongrass, tied onion leaks, crushed garlic and chopped chilies (optional).
- Roll the belly to form a roulade and tie it with a twine string. This will help maintain the form when roasting the slab.
- Brush the skin with the mixed water and evap milk. Skewer it with a bamboo or stainless still.
- Roast the boneless pork belly for 45 to 60 minutes or until skin becomes crispy. Make sure to pat dry the skin before roasting.
Source: Lokal Kusinero